Our stroke team of neurologists, interventional neuro radiologists, neurosurgeons and dedicated staff from University of Minnesota Physicians work together to provide state-of-the art stroke treatment, rehabilitation and stroke prevention. The team’s expertise and collaborative approach to stroke care helps address all the needs of a stroke patient and family throughout the process.
If you have any warning signs of a stroke call 9-1-1 immediately. Medical help is critical even if the signs of stroke go away. Time lost between symptom onset and your 9-1-1 call can greatly affect a stroke's outcome. Emergency services at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, take immediate action to care for urgent stroke needs. In addition to timely response to stroke, the team offers a resource for treatment, education and research relating to stroke.
As a leader in the development and implementation of innovative neurologic services, the Stroke Center offers:
- 24-hour acute stroke care through our Emergency Department
- Neuro-endovascular services through a team of endovascular specialists from neurology, neurosurgery and radiology
- Neurointensive care for patients with cerebrovascular diseases
- Evaluation and follow-up care through the Stroke Center
- Full range of acute, inpatient and after-care services
- Rehabilitation through Fairview Acute Rehabilitation Center or Transitional Care unit
This combination of coordinated services and expertise makes us one of the largest and most comprehensive teams in the United States.